Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Favorite Color

...swap reveal that is!!! Yep, I received a wonderful box of goodies, and I'm excited to share!



I don't know if you've had a chance to look at this blog, but I'm hooked! This is the second swap that I've participated in with Chaotic Goddess, and I'm keeping my eyes open to get in another!

I was assigned a wonderful partner, Kaylee, from A Chair in the Shade. I thought it was funny that we shared the same favorite color, purple! We shared a couple of brief emails about ourselves, and surfed each other's blogs a little bit to learn what we could about each other. Kaylee was right on with everything she sent me, I couldn't have asked for a better box of goodies. Wanna see what I got?




This was a lot packed into one little box! 


 First off, because I like flowers, I received a little purple flower pot, and crocus bulbs. I can't wait to plant these little bulbs!



Since I do love my scrapbooking, I also was the happy recipient of several scrapbooking products:


Pretty ink, Washi tapes, pretty purple sparkles, and embellishments. I have some pictures of my daughter in law at her law school graduation, with purple and black being the dominant colors, these will be perfect to complete the pages!

And last, but not least,



I received handmade items as well! Kaylee sent me ( see bottom picture) a small zipper pouch that she made. This is just the right size to carry in my nurse bag every day, since I don't carry my purse into patient homes with me. I took a second picture of the bag squished, so you can see the pretty fabric inside as well. The bag is laying on a purple dishcloth that Kaylee stitched as well. One can never have too many dishcloths!

There were so many thoughtful items in this box, and I think Kaylee did a wonderful job putting this together for me, thanks Kaylee, and thanks Chaotic Goddess for hosting this swap!

13 comments:

  1. It's so fun to see what everyone received! I'm loving purple more now! That sure is a pretty bag.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also enjoyed seeing what others received for their swaps, this has been so much fun! Yes, the little bag is so cute, and just the right size too, being handmade makes even more special

      Delete
  2. How sweet of her to create some handmade items for you! So glad you're enjoying the Chaotic Goddess swaps. They really know how to run them so they go smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always appreciated any handmade items, so thoughtful. The Chaotic Goddess swaps are the best I've ever participated in, love them!

      Delete
  3. Hi Cindy, Ah! purple that is my favorite color. I would embroidery everything that color if I had my way, but it would probably not work for others. I have never done scrapbooking, but my daughter does it for her relaxation. She made two for family starting with the wedding going through the births of their children, making it so they can add to it as they age.Enjoy that box of goodies. I am glad for you and your new job. I have talked to some like you at the nursing home when I go to see hubby. You are all so caring even about others too. Have a wonderful day. Hugs and Prayers from Your Missouri Friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley, so happy to hear from you again! I would use purple for everything if I could, I get tired of always having to use black for my documenting at work, so blah. I'm anxious to use my new scrapbook goodies this weekend, got a lot of catching up to do. Hugs to you :)

      Delete
  4. Wow that package is fantastic, and it looks like she really took the time to figure out what you would like, that's wonderful! Thanks for joining us, can't wait to have you play along again! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was matched with a wonderful partner for this swap, she was fantastic. I can't wait to join another swap, thanks for hosting them!

      Delete
  5. What a fun package. This was my first Chaotic Goddess swap also and I will join up again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like there were some fantastic participants for this swap, a great group of ladies. Hope to see you in another Chaotic Goddess Swap!

      Delete
  6. Way to go, you two! :D
    I love the range of purple that she got and made you, as well as the items (I prefer a blue-purple, like that, myself). Crocuses are awesome! That'll make for an even prettier Spring.

    ReplyDelete