Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, May 9, 2013

A Special Request

I'm not the kind of person to get pushy with my selling my Close To My Heart business, and I never participate in fundraisers and ask people for donations. When I do participate in events that require a fee for participation in support of a specific cause, such as the 5K races I run in, I'm very picky where my money goes. For once, I'm going to make an exception to my rules, and put out there a request for donation, for a special cause.
As those of you who have read my blog know, my son is currently in Afghanistan. He is scheduled to return home soon, yeah! His unit has been so supportive of the soldiers, sending them all care packages while they've been gone. They are on a special mission right now, trying to put together welcome home baskets for 50 soldiers, to give them when they return. Many of the soldiers, particularly the single ones, put everything in storage while they are overseas. They get off a plane, and have only the duffle bags they've been carrying around on their backs for months. When they return this summer, his unit plans to give them all a basket of "necessaries". Some of the items are shampoo, deodorant, sheets, towels, blanket, washcloths and towels, among other things. All of these items are donated. This is my special request....support for the soldiers returning home. And I wouldn't ask, if I didn't think was a good way to spend a few hard earned dollars! I know it's far from practical to purchase these items and ship them to Amber, who is organizing this monumental task. What I have done with my previous donations to the unit, is send her a check, noting the purpose of the gift. She then purchases the necessary items. My understanding is that they have collected enough blankets, but are still in need of sheets, washcloths, towels, I'm not sure what else. If you work for a company that might be able to donate any of these items, or if you yourself are willing, no small amount is too small.

I have told Amber I would be putting this request out there, and she has given permission that I put her email in this post. I am not comfortable putting someone else's personal info out publicly. If you are willing and able to help support the soldiers, please contact Amber -    charlie32frg@gmail.com

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart!


No comments:

Post a Comment