Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thankful Thursday

I find that most people only think about what they are thankful for in the month of November. It is one of the traditions we have all grown up with, the expectation to express something we are thankful for, before we are allowed to start devouring the traditional feast. Last night was one of my sleepless nights, and as I surfed lightly through Pinterest, I came across a crochet pattern for a cute animal hat, you know, the kind that have been so popular with kids this past winter. It made me think about the hats I bought my nieces this past Christmas when they came up to visit my family.








Thinking about the girls in their hats, which they loved and wore all week, just made me think how fortunate I was to be able to have so many of my family with me. We had eight people in the house for a week, half of them teenagers that, because of distance, barely know each other. Yet we were all happy together, truly appreciating the opportunity. Of course, we were missing my son and his wife, but they were there in our hearts. So, the point of my post today is that I am thankful for my family. Not only at Thanksgiving,  and Christmas, but I am thankful for them every day. My family keeps me busy, makes me proud, and sometimes makes me a little crazy, yet they are always the center of my universe, my source of strength.  What are you thankful for today?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Cindy I too am thankful for my family. And our poodle, Mabel. And my friends. And my FAITH.

    ReplyDelete