Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

I think I have her figured out

Mother Nature that is.

I recently saw a picture on another blog, of Mother Nature from the Chiffon margarine commercials from many years ago. Can you picture her, wreath of flowers on her head? By now, Mother Nature is getting up there in years, but I figure for her, time has stood still. She can't age and die like the rest of us, she has to live forever, like the Easter Bunny. But she's still a woman.

Every woman getting up there in years can relate, it ain't always easy. I'm dealing with the hot flashes, and I've only just begun! Imagine if you were stuck in time and had to deal with them! I know since my body can't regulate my temperature, I adjust other things. Blankets on, blankets off. Thermostat up, thermostat down. My family of men love me! But how does Mother Nature adjust?

She plays with our weather! She gets hot, turns down the temp and we get below freezing temps. She cools down, we get spring in January. Yesterday was pleasantly warm, although a bit too drizzly for my taste. More nice temps today, but I see single digits in the forecast again tomorrow. I guess if I look at the weather from this perspective, I can relate and accept it a little bit easier!

I decided I might as well make the most of the weather while I can. Not going to work out inside, instead get out and move. And I'm taking my grandaughter with me


Doesn't she look thrilled! She has become way too "laid back" with these cold temps, time to snap out  of it!  I'm going to get a flu shot this morning and over to visit my MIL. The walk will wait until this afternoon. Maybe she'll be ready then. And she can recover from it while I study the evening away.

14 comments:

  1. What a precious pooch!! What's her name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Kiko. She is a Beagle/Bull dog mix. She belongs to my son Chris. We are keeping her while he is in Afghanistan. It will be hard to let her go home to him again.

      Delete
  2. I never thought of Mother Nature having hot flashes! Ha!! I can so relate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA - never thought of it that way, but I think you've hit on something! It's a blanket ON kind of day, here. Hope you get your walk in today - Happy Tuesday...Tanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's gotta be some kind of explanation for the weather, this works! Puppy talked me into cuddling instead of walking this afternoon. Maybe I am to blame for her "laid back" personality!

      Delete
  4. It's a cold rainy day here, have the forecast of snow coming our way, loads of time to get in door tasks done.
    hugs ~lynne ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rainy and nasty here as well. I'd rather look out at new snow than wet mud any day!

      Delete
  5. Doggie is very cute! and definitely giving you a look like " I don't want to go anywhere!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's one way to look at it. Mother Nature is very fickle. :) We had fog for almost a week, which is very unusual. Then we had a morning rain and afternoon dust storm yesterday -- you would think the rain would have cleared any dust. Strange! Now it is just icky, clammy, blah out there. Your furbaby is precious. Hope you are having a great week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you've hit the nail on the head! Yesterday and Monday we had snow followed by freezing rain. Today it's mild and raining. By Saturday we're right back into the deep freeze again. All you can do is go with the flow!
    Your dog is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mother Nature - hmmmmmm...she's a mess! LOL!!! Even though we had rain we enjoyed our mini-getaway! Thanks for the visit!

    Jan ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mother Nature must be going through the "change" recently, she has been a hot mess, hasn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cindy,
    I think Mother Nature is a crazy lady at times. LOL I guess we all have to have an open mind. LOL It's been hot, cold and everything in between here.

    Yes, get your flu shot. I did not get one this year or ever for that matter. Well, the flu really got me down and I am just now starting to feel a bit better, but now have pleurisy.
    When it rains it pours. I have to rest a bit longer, although I am not good at that at all.

    Thank you for the well wishes. Your fur baby is a little darling. enjoy the week.
    hugs, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete