Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Good Afternoon!

Welcome to all of my new followers! I can't wait to stop by everyone's blog and say hello, but it may take a few days, as my schedule has taken a twist. I managed to fit in an hour or so yesterday to do some blog hopping, plan to do more in the next week, since Vicki will be keeping the blog list up.

I thought I would be staying in SC at least until the first week of Feb. Well, guess hubby just can't be away from me that long, and has come to take me home! Hmmm, he thinks it's easier for the teenager to be alone, 800 miles from home, in a motel with no kitchen, keeping up riding, schoolwork and laundry by himself. Sorry, a little too much venting? Since my plans changed unexpectedly, we are trying to get the boy set up. Did major grocery shopping for him, lots of laundry and today one of his bikes is being rebuilt-good thing dad was here for that one, turns out the bike wasn't safe to ride. My books and stuff are all packed for tomorrow afternoon's drive home. And I am not looking forward to that one! It was middle 60's here today, so pretty. With the wind chill, will be twenty below at home tomorrow, not even pretty new snow with it! Yes, I do love winter, but really, why do I want to stay here?

When I get home, I will post pictures of how much I have accomplished with the IHSW, I am happy with the progress I've made in the last couple of evenings. But I don't want to sign out without posting a pretty picture I have come across, another of the Christmas gifts I made for 2012. This one was for my mother:

This is three different shaped wooden crosses, covered with paper and screwed together. The crosses were all purchased at Hobby Lobby last summer. The papers are all from the retired Roxie paper pack from Close To My Heart. The rolled flowers were made using the Art Philosophy cartridge from Close To My Heart, I love the way this turned out, and so did my mom. Hope you enjoy looking at it also!

Please keep hubby and I in your prayers, that we will have a safe journey home!

6 comments:

  1. That cross is so pretty. Your mum must have loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful cross you created and travel safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cross
    Have a safe journey
    love
    maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that cross, how wonderful.
    Wow! What a big step. Leaving him alone for a few weeks, 800 miles away! I couldn't do it Cindy. Praying for all three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prayers for traveling mercies and for your son.

    ReplyDelete