Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Friday, January 18, 2013

Finally Friday!

I'm so relieved, this week is almost over, I've been waiting for Friday to be here!

I'm so amazed at the change in the weather here in SC. We have enjoyed such nice warm temps since we've been here, close to 80's. Yesterday, the rain moved in, and we could feel the temp dropping in the afternoon. I don't know why I didn't think of it, but I didn't turn the heat on in our motel room, and this morning, my son and I woke up freezing! Who would've thought it would drop so quickly. My mother has always told me, and now my husband does too, I need to watch the news more often, now I get it! Since the temps are going even lower tonight, you can bet the heat is running now, lesson learned.

With all the rain, my son and the other riders here didn't get out on the track today. Most of the riders live within 5 hours of the tracks, so they were able to go home for the weekend. Not many people around here today. I took the opportunity to sit at the laundry mat, sounds like fun doesn't it! Got the riding gear clean at least. I never put those in the dryer, so it's good they have a couple of days to dry hanging in the room. Maybe tomorrow, I'll get the other laundry done.

I got a bit of my studying done today, wasn't able to talk the boy into much studying. He is really struggling through Macroeconomics, makes him so discouraged with school in general. Maybe tomorrow we'll look at that too. He did get pretty excited watching IU play basketball today though! My oldest son graduated from IU and is a big basketball and football fan. My youngest is hoping to attend IU in the not so far off future, so he's hooked on watching them already. Way to go today IU!

Since I don't have much excitement tomorrow, I can spend my weekend stitching, finally! I haven't touched a needle in a couple of days, so I'm ready. And, it is IHSW weekend, put other things aside and stitch. If you want to read more about it, you can find the info and sign up here:
http://joysze.blogspot.com/2013/01/2013s-first-ihsw.html. I have several pieces I'm working on, but I'm trying to focus on only one project and get it finished. I love new starts, but it's been a while, I need a finish, and I don't have anything small in the works right now.

That's about all folks, thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy! I do not watch t.v. But yes, I do check the weather on the computer. ;)
    I am a one project at a time kind of girl.

    ReplyDelete