Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Another New Year!

Happy New Year!

My mother always told me, the older you get, the faster the years seem to go by. I'm really starting to believe that. It seems like it hasn't been that long since I left my job, but it's almost been a year already! And in a way, I'm kind of hoping this year goes by pretty quickly. I'm anxious for this fall, when my son will be coming home from Afghanistan. I know I'm not the only one looking forward to his return!

My dear hubby and I went out to celebrate New Year's Eve the other night. We haven't been doing that the last couple of years, maybe because we're just getting old! It's a hassle to drive an hour to Indianapolis, find parking and someplace decent to go, with a hotel close enough to walk to, always wondering what the weather will have in store for us. We usually don't feel like going out is worth all of that. This past year though, we stayed local. The Chateau Thomas Winery in Plainfield is only 40 minutes away, not a bad drive. They had a New Year's Eve celebration that was worth checking out. The price was really not bad, it included our hotel stay, which was across the parking lot from the winery-wine and snacks at the hotel at 6pm, then wine and snacks at the winery. This was followed by a wonderful dinner buffet, dessert bar, then dancing until midnight. After our champagne toast, there was more dancing and a breakfast buffet. One final breakfast buffet was served at the hotel before checkout. We had so much to each, it was like being on a cruise, fantastic! Along with our new year's eve hats and party favors, guests also received a bottle of wine, which we chose to bring home to enjoy another time.  If you're looking for something to do for New Year's Eve, and you're going to be in Indiana, check out the Chateau Thomas Winery, I promise you won't be disappointed!

Most of the Christmas decorations have been packed up and put away. On my agenda today is packing the final decor, our tree. I always wait until after the new year to take it down, but I have to get an annual photo of my boys in front of the tree first. I have avoided doing the photo this year, since one of the boys isn't home. Guess it's time to accept he's an adult now, and won't be having Christmases with us every year now. Heavy sigh, time to move on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment