Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Friday, November 16, 2012

Taking another trip

Sometimes it feels like all I do is drive, drive, drive. Already this week, I've been to Tennessee and back, and today we are leaving for Alabama. The trip to TN was bittersweet. I'm so glad my family and  I were able to be there, to help our dear daughter in law Lindsey move the last of the furniture out of the house into storage. And at the same time, sad that we had to be there to help Lindsey move, because it means my son has deployed for a while. I am so proud of my son for the choices he's made, and I pray for his safe return home.
Today, we are packing up the van and heading south. The weather in Indiana is finally turning too cold for my son to ride his dirtbike, so we are headed to greener pastures. We'll spend a few days in Alabama, and from there head to Florida for a week. I traveled this same route with my son last year and I cherish the time together. It is impossible however, to tote my scrapping and card making supplies across the US with me. For a couple of weeks, I will not have paper creations to share, only my cross stitching and motocross pictures to share until I return home, and then I'll have to make up for lost time!
Thankfully, I have another son to keep an eye on the homestead for us. I did such a silly thing yesterday. I knew it needed to be done, and had to do it while I had the money. I took my two kittens in to be spayed and neutered! This morning, they seem to have recovered very well, jumping around and playing as if nothing happened. I hope they don't pull a stitch while I'm gone!
Suitcases waiting to be packed. It looks like it's going to be a long day, but the sun's coming up and it's going to be a pretty one! Have a great day, thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment