Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Got my mojo back!

It feels so good to be back into my craft room! I think it has been weeks since I've been able to dedicate the time that I needed to create. Between my schoolwork, my son's schoolwork, and our travels, I really couldn't fit crafting in. I spent yesterday playing with paper, and created a beautiful Christmas layout that I'm anxious to share. So far this morning, I was able to quickly pull together a Christmas card using this week's Mojo Monday sketch. Boy, it feels good to cut and stamp again! Here is the card I created using Mojo Monday sketch #269:

 I used the Pear and Partridge paper pack from Close To My Heart to create my card. Cranberry cardstock was used on the background, with a small piece of Desert Sand cardstock also. The circle images were cut using Close To My Heart's Cricut Art Philosophy cartridge. I also accented with the Almond Glitz Glitter gel. This card came together so quickly, it may be the card that my group will create when we get together this Friday night.  My customers will also be making this two page layout that I created yesterday, using the Pear and Partridge pack. I have a couple of customers that don't have little children at home for the typical Christmas photos, so I tried to create a layout that is not so specific to Santa. I can see pictures of  a Christmas tree, or favorite ornaments added to this layout. Sometimes it's hard to see in the photos, but a few of these photo mats are popped up with foam tape for dimension. All three of the rectangles that have ribbon on them were added to the layout with the foam tape.
I have really enjoyed having the time this week to play, maybe I can get all of my layouts created before Christmas gets here! I hope you've enjoyed seeing my creations, thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute. I especially love your layout. You should use the same cricut shape, stamp and paper and play along this week with Freshly Made Sketches. :) Happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments! This paper pack was so easy to work with, I'm anxious to play a little more today, I'll have to check out the Freshly Made Sketches!

      Delete