Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Monday, October 8, 2012

Simply Stitchin

I'm going to switch gears around a little bit today. I've been participating in the Mojo Monday card sketches for the last couple of weeks, and I love doing those! I've also participated in the LOAD challenges over at Let's Scrap. For a change of pace this weekend, I picked up one of my favorite hobbies, a little bit of cross stitch. My college roommate taught me to stitch, way back in the '80's, and I was immediately hooked. At the moment, I probably have at least a dozen cross stitch projects started, and I don't always work on the same one. Here is a peek at the one I worked on recently:
This chart was in a copy of For the Love of Cross Stitch magazine from 2000. I have always wanted to complete this, and I finally started it this summer. It was stitching up fast and easy, until I realized I had miscounted. As you can see in the picture, I had to remove the tree to the right of my letters, as well as a little bit of the house. It gets frustrating having to pull out stitches, but I've waited a long time to do this, so I wanted it done right! As the days are getting colder, I'll probably get more stitching done. I love curling up with a light quilt and my needle and floss. Dinner's been sitting in the slow cooker all day, so maybe I'll put in a few stitches tonight. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment