Welcome to A Crafter's Corner! I love to create crafty projects, and would love to share some of my creations with you! If you are interested in scrapbooking, stamping, or cross stitch, these are the venues I use most often. Enjoy your visit!

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Feeling Flirty!

Today is the first time I've had a chance to sit and play with Close To My Heart's new Flirty paper pack. I've had it for a while, but I've been completing so many layouts lately, and the colors and prints in this paper pack are not ones that usually fit with the pictures of the men in my family, so I haven't really dug in. I see myself using this pack mostly for cards. I finally created a card with the Mojo Monday sketch this week. Here's the sketch:
 I love the little banners on this. Once I sat down, my card came together so quickly:
I don't think my lighting was optimal for this shot, but I really liked the card. I added New England Ivy cardstock, as well as a retired CTMH color, Golden Ember for the banners. A little hint of burlap ribbon and a button tied with hemp completed the look. Maybe I'll stick this in the mail to my son and his new wife, I can relate to the situation they are in, as history has  a way of repeating itself. I can remember what it was like for me as a newlywed, unable to be with my husband because I was in college in one city, while the Army had him serving somewhere else. My son is currently stationed in one city, while his new bride finishes law school in another.  They have learned to make the most of their time together, and I am so happy for them.
Thanks for stopping by to see what I've created, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment